Language Processor) The DOS based Wordprocessor
ALP (Apex Language
Processor) is a multilingual wordprocessor running under
MS-DOS and UNIX, this allows typing of all Indian scripts
through the common INSCRIPT keyboard overlay. It has
Wordstar compatible commands. Therefore it has been
a favourite with those who are comfortable with Wordstar
various Indian scripts such as Assamese, Bengali, Devanagri,
Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil,
Telugu and other scripts such as Tibetan, Diacritic
Roman, Bhutanese and Sinhalese.
ALP is available
for MS-DOS, UNIX and Novell Netware. There is a separate
version which works with the GIST Card.
The salient features
- Uses ISFOC fonts for display
and printing, thus producing publishing quality printouts
- Bold, Italic, Underline, Highlight,
Expand and Double size attributes
- Spellcheckers for Hindi, Marathi
- INSCRIPT Keyboard layout,
common to all Indian languages
- Online help of keyboard in
- Mailing made easy with help
of mail merge.
- Facility to make web pages
in Indian languages.
- Language Sensitive Multilingual
- Easy generation of table of
- Auto Save
- Wordstar compatible dot commands
for formatting pages
- Supports 9-pin, 24-pin, dot-matrix
printers and HP LaserJet compatible laser printer
- Conversion facility for
- Importing Wordstar (ver.
4.0, 6.0) files.
- Exporting ALP files to
Wordstar( ver 4.0).
- Converting an ISCII file
to a PC-ISCII file and vice versa.
- Exporting English Text
to speech check externally
ALP FOR GIST
- It uses script page of the
GIST card for displaying all scripts supported.
- Additional scripts supported
are Russian, Thai, Tibetan and Sinhalese.
- Additional attributes supported
are Outline and Shadow.
- GIST Card allows background
printing of files.