GIST OT Typing SDK is a software development tool for
Indian languages on MS Windows. This is a set of software
components that enables software developers to facilitate
the use of Indian scripts with MS Windows applications.
Unlike other solutions, the significant feature of GIST
OT Typing SDK is that it enables the MS Windows application
to process UNICODE data directly. UNICODE enables alphabetic
sorting, transliteration and data exchange and reusability
in a uniform manner.
The GIST OT Typing SDK uses ActiveX
Technology from Microsoft and provides a seamless, transparent
and self contained Indian language layer for data entry,
storage, retrieval and printing in Indian scripts for
MS Windows applications. It is based on COM standards
and can be used with any of the latest application development
tools providing "OLE container' support.
GIST OT Typing SDK consists of a set
of Dynamic Linked Libraries (DLL's) with necessary API,
a set of ActiveX controls and Open Type fonts to enable
integration with your MS Windows application.
- Develop completely self contained Indian language
enabled applications rapidly and easily, using standard
front-end development tool.
- Seamless, transparent Indian language layer.
- Integrated keyboard driver for typing in Indian
languages with ActiveX Controls
- Bi-lingual data input, storage and display. Special
bi-lingual Open Type Fonts to enable intermixing of
English characters with Indian script character.
- Facilitates online sorting, indexing and complete
editing control in 11 Indian scripts.
- No hardware or software based protection devices
required to ship with your application.
- License to distribute the GIST OT Typing SDK components
with the Windows applications.
- DOE/BIS phonetic INSCRIPT keyboard overlay common
for all Indian scripts
- Four keyboards layouts available viz INSCRIPT,
Phonetic English, Typewriter and Easy Phonetic.
- Script, Keyboard and Scriptkey properties can be
- Using the floating keyboard, a novice user
can type by using the mouse to click on the buttons.
At the same time user can type Indian language text
using the keyboard.
The languages supported are:
- Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam,
Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu.
The GIST OT Typing SDK consists of the following
- Insertable GIST ActiveX Control:
- Sample Indian language Open Type Font.
- Tutorials that you need to create desktop Indian
Language Applications for the PC-User.
- Requires UNICODE compatible development environment
- Requires UNICODE enabled Windows OS as the client
here to download evaluation version of GIST OT SDK
Contact us for more information